Fall 2019 Youth Soccer Information
Fall Season: Practice Begins 9/04/18, Games Begin 10/02/18
Practice Dates: We will have approx. 4 - 6 practices on Tues. & Thurs., from 6:00 to 7:30 pm at South Church
Game Dates: Games will be played on Tues. & Thurs with start times varying depending on the age divisions & number of teams. Most games will start between 5:30 to 6:00pm.
Location: South Church (Snow Rd. & I-496, Lansing)
Cost: Fall: $35/player/season ($85 max/family/season)
Ages: 6U, 8U, 10U, & 12U (min. age is 5 and max. age is 12 as of 8/1/19)
Registration Deadline: Friday, 8/30/2019
Practice Dates & Times (Weather Permitting):
Thurs. 9/05/19: 6 – 7:30pm
Tues. 9/10/19: 6 – 7:30pm
Thurs. 9/12/19: 6 – 7:30pm
Tues. 9/17/19: 6 – 7:30pm
Thurs. 9/19/19: 6 – 7:30pm
Tues. 9/24/19: 6 – 7:30pm
Thurs. 9/26/19: 6 – 7:30pm
Location: South Church, 5250 Cornerstone Dr., Lansing 48917 (near Snow Rd. & I-496, Lansing)
Tentative Game Dates & Times (Start times will be around 5:30 or 6:00pm depending on the age division):
I would strongly recommend signing up for our free text notification system to get real time updates on practice/game changes/cancellations. You can opt out at any time.
Here’s the information to sign up for our text message notification service.
Download the SportsEngine app from your iOS or Android store and select the team(s) that your child(ren) is/are playing on.
We are in need of coaches for each of the age divisions. Because of our practice & game format, you do not need experience, just a willingness to serve. Mike Potter will be providing the overall practice instructions for all of the age groups and will be working with coaches to help them learn the game and teach the players the basic skills. Please reply to this email if you are willing to help coach.
We are will be staying with the small sided game format that we started in the Spring. Here are some links to various articles about this format:
2. SSG Manual
CHAP Soccer Policies
Welcome to CHAP soccer! We are glad that you have decided to play with us. The following are policies and guidelines that will enable our program to run more smoothly. During the past few years, our soccer teams have grown to over 130 players and 70 families per season. Please read the following carefully. With the number of people involved in the program, we are sure you understand the need for everyone to know our policies and procedures in order for things to run smoothly.
1. Open Soccer registration will happen ONCE a year, from June 1st through mid-August for the Fall AND Spring seasons. When you register in the Fall, we will assume you are going to play in the Spring, unless you inform us otherwise. We understand not every family will desire to play during both seasons. Please indicate that when you register and adjust payment accordingly. Those families that register during this time will have first priority for team placement. If you decide to wait and register in the Spring, we cannot guarantee any team openings and your child may be placed on a waiting list.
2. CHAP soccer teams will be coached by volunteers. We are ALWAYS in need of coaches, no experience necessary!
3. Teams will be filled on a first come, first served basis. **You will not be placed on a team until your registration form is received with payment for a least half of the year**. When available teams are filled, a waiting list will be started. If enough players are on the waiting list to form an additional team, and if there is enough room in the league to add another team, we will add teams to the league as coaches volunteer to coach them.
4. We will make every effort to accommodate your requests for team placement, however our number one goal will be to balance teams according to skill level since they will play against each other several times during the season.
5. Cost for the season is as follows:
* $35 per player per season (i.e. $70 for Fall & Spring/person). Maximum family charge: $85 per season/ $170 per year. You may split your payment, half of the year being due with your registration and remaining balance being due by April 1st prior to the Spring season.
6. Uniform shirts will be provided by CHAP to be used during the year. The uniforms will be turned in at the end of the year. In the event a shirt is lost or damaged beyond normal wear and tear, a $15 replacement charge will be assessed.
7. Players will be required to wear shin guards during all practices and games. Soccer cleats are recommended for all players.
8. All coaches, players, parents and spectators must demonstrate good sportsmanship in conduct and speech at all times.
If you have any question or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org