REGISTER FOR CHAP VOLLEYBALL 2022 TEAM PLACEMENTS/ TRYOUTS
REGISTER NOW TO SAVE A SPOT! (TEAM PLACEMENT FEE OF $25 REQUIRED TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION.)
2022 CHAP VOLLEYBALL TEAM PLACEMENT/TRYOUT REGISTRATION
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN CHAP VOLLEYBALL for the 2022 FALL SEASON and for registering your child for CHAP Volleyball Tryouts. We are excited for another great season of volleyball & hope to see you at tryouts, July 25-27!
If you would like to procure a spot on a CHAP Volleyball team for your child this season, EVEN IF THEY CAN’T BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT FOR TRYOUTS, YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS REGISTRATION FORM AND SUBMIT ALONG WITH YOUR DEPOSIT. Be sure to note in the comments section that your player can't actually be at tryouts during the listed times, and also please email email@example.com to clarify that your child hopes to play but unfortunately WON’T make it to tryouts ... and we'll do our best to find them a spot on one of our teams! :)
**** PLEASE NOTE: Spots are limited, (We will have a max of 10 players per team), and dependent on the number of players who try out and the number of coaches who step forward… So we reserve the right to let you know if our teams are full, or if, for any reason, we’re unable to place your athlete on a team.
- LANSING CITY ARENA - 904 Elmwood Rd, Lansing, MI 48917
MONDAY, JULY 25, 6:00-9:00pm – GIRLS VARSITY (including last year’s JV)
· Any homeschooled high school aged girls who desire to be considered for the Varsity team this year, especially those who played V or JV last year, should plan to attend on Monday night. The Varsity team roster(s) should be finalized after this evening and players will be notified if they’ve been placed on Varsity or if they need to come to JV placements on Tuesday. [If there are enough interested players, we may end up with two Varsity teams, one that involves more time, travel, and expense, and one that plays more locally without as much commitment.]
TUESDAY, JULY 26, 6:00-8:00pm – JV and Jr High, 16U & 14U GIRLS ONLY
· For homeschooled girls who are 13 to 16 years old as of 9/1/22 or who played JV or Jr. High last year, and desire to play on one of our JV/ 16U or JH/ 14U teams… We are thinking there will likely be enough interest to have two 16U girls JV teams and two 14U girls JH teams.
· The Jr. Varsity and Jr. High team rosters should be finalized after this evening and any younger players will be notified if they’ve been placed on a team or if they need to come to the 12U team placements on Wednesday.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 6:00-8:00pm – 12U & 10U GIRLS, and ALL BOYS
· For all girls ages 9 to 12 as of 9/1/22 who desire to play on one of our 12U teams or our 10U (10 & Under) team. We plan to have three (or possibly 4?) teams for girls this age, as long as we can find enough coaches... probably two 12Us and a 10U.
· Team Placement time for all homeschooled young men ages 10-18 desiring to play on our CHAP Boys Volleyball teams. Boys should be here WEDNESDAY night, and depending on how many boys are interested, we will decide how many teams are needed… We anticipate dividing into two teams: younger (likely 10-13ish) and older (14 and up.)
Normally our CHAP volleyball players would play at the level determined by their age:
- Youth/ 10U (10 & under) is for 9 & 10 year olds
- Elementary/ 12U (12 & under) is for 11 & 12 year olds
- Jr. High/ 14U (14 & under) is for 13 & 14 year olds
- JV/ 16U (16 & under) is for 15 & 16 year olds
- Varsity/ 18U (18 & under) is for mainly 17 & 18 year olds
AGE ELIGIBILITY for specific teams is determined by the player's age on September 1, 2022. (For example, if a child turns 13 on September 2nd they are still eligible to play in the 12U age division because they were 12 on September 1st... This example applies to all age groups.)
Even though a player is age-eligible for a specific team, you may choose to register your child for tryouts for an older team (or even a younger team in rare instances) if parents and players feel experience and skill level are more appropriate for that age group. HOWEVER, marking that they would like to try out for an older or younger team does NOT mean they will be assigned to that team.
Because CHAP is a Christian athletic program, we are first and foremost about honoring Christ in all we do, on and off the court. We strive for excellence and encourage our players to do the same, while keeping in mind that our highest goal is not winning, but bringing glory to God. Our Team placements will be made prayerfully, determined by the CHAP coaching staff and leadership team, with all decisions seeking to take into account a wide variety of factors including, but not limited to the following, in no particular order:
- Positive attitude
- Christian character
- Work ethic
- Skill level
- Past performance
- Positions played
- Team dynamics
- Family commitment
- Participation in CHAP VB over the years
- Practical considerations such as teams siblings are on, ride-sharing, etc.
We will do our best to find a spot for everyone who wants to play on our CHAP teams, based on their age and skill level and a myraid of other factors ... We hope to make room for all who'd like to play, but reserve the right to let you know our teams are full if we have too many players and/or not enough coaches. In this case, we will refund your deposit if there is no team fee to apply it to.
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR INTEREST IN PLAYING CHAP VOLLEYBALL!!