|| Print ||
CHAP 2012-2013 PROGRAM GUIDE INFORMATION
Dear Homeschool Athletes and Families:
CHAP provides a fundraising opportunity each year for our CHAP families that is 100% voluntary, the annual CHAP Program Guide. This fundraising activity is designed to help you directly, and the entire CHAP program as a whole. If you wish to raise funds with the CHAP Program Guide, every dollar you raise reduces your participation fee by 90 cents. In other words, 90% of what you raise goes directly toward your participation fees. The remaining 10% is retained by CHAP to cover the production and printing costs of the program guide. If you actually raise more CHAP Program Guide dollars than the level of your participation fee(s), these excess funds will be used to cover the costs of CHAP basketball season that the participation fees do not.
WHAT IS THE CHAP PROGRAM GUIDE?
It is a quality booklet which CHAP prints at the beginning of each basketball season containing CHAP team pictures along with ads of different sizes that contain information about our sponsors. The size of the “ad” is determined by the size of the donation a business or individual makes to CHAP. For example, if a business sponsors CHAP for $50, we will print their business card (or other ad they may provide) in our program in 1/8 page size (see attached sheet for different ad sizes and corresponding donation amounts). The larger the donation, the larger the ad. Click here for the rate sheet.
HOW DO I FIND SPONSORS FOR THE PROGRAM GUIDE?
Some CHAP athletes visit local businesses and/or individuals in their neighborhood and kindly ask for their support for the athlete’s homeschool team. Others target businesses that their parents know or patronize and ask for their support by sponsoring an ad in our CHAP Program Guide. We respectfully ask that that you do not take last year’s program guide and start contacting those businesses that advertised last year (other than the businesses that you personally secured their ad last year). There are two main reasons for this. One reason is a courtesy for those athletes who successfully solicited ads last year from a given business. This allows for those families who secured ads from a business last year to be able to return to that business this year to ask for their sponsorship again. A second reason is a courtesy to those businesses who chose to sponsor us last year. Some businesses who have sponsored us in the past have graciously voiced a concern that after placing an ad one year, they had several requests from different CHAP athletes the following year. Click here for a sample letter.
WHAT DO I SAY TO A POTENTIONAL CHAP SPONSOR?
For example, you might visit a local business and ask to speak to the manager. The manager comes out and asks how he can help you. You could say:
Hi, may name is _________ and I am a basketball player with the Capitol Homeschool Athletic Program (CHAP). Each year CHAP asks for sponsors to help fund our basketball program in exchange for advertisements in our annual CHAP Program Guide. This Guide contains pictures of our teams, ads from sponsors such as you, and they are distributed at all our home games. CHAP is a non-profit organization so your sponsorship would be greatly appreciated! Would you consider placing an ad in this year’s CHAP Program Guide?
WHAT OTHER PAPERWORK IS NEEDED?
Once you have secured a sponsorship, fill out the sponsor’s information on the attached advertising spreadsheet (one sponsor per line). When you have completed your CHAP Program Guide fundraising, please mail your advertising spreadsheet, all sponsor ad information and donation checks to CHAP, P.O. Box 4547, East Lansing, MI 48823. Click here for a donor tracking sheet.
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE?
All ads and donations must be mailed in by November 21, 2011. Please remember that any participation fees that were not covered by the program guide fundraiser (90% of all funds raised by this fundraiser are applied to your participation fees) are due by December 1, 2011. All participation fees must be paid by December 1, 2011 (unless other arrangements have been made).